Call for Posters - AI Systems Workshop @ SOSP 2017
We invite participation in the AI Systems Workshop which will be held in conjunction with SOSP 2017 on October 28, 2017 in Shanghai, China.
The goal of this workshop is to bring together experts working at the crossroads of ML, system design and software engineering to explore the challenges faced when building practical large-scale machine learning systems. In particular, we aim to elicit new connections among these diverse fields, identify tools, best practices and design principles. The workshop will cover ML and AI platforms and algorithm toolkits (Caffe 2.0, Tensor Flow, Torch etc), as well as dive into Machine learning focused developments in distributed learning platforms, programming languages, data structures and general purpose GPU programming.
We welcome high quality posters summarizing work in the broad area of large scale systems and software design for machine learning. A few (non-exhaustive) topics of interest include
- Systems for training and serving machine learning models at scale
- Systems for online and batch learning algorithms
- Systems for out-of-core machine learning
- Systems for scalable deep learning
- Large scale distributed learning algorithms – challenges faced and lessons learned
- Database systems for large scale learning
- Advances in specialized hardware (GPU, FPGA, ASIC) for training and serving
- Programming languages for machine learning
- Machine learning system design – learning for job scheduling, configuration tuning, straggler mitigation, network configuration, security, and other systems challenges
- Interactive machine learning systems
- Benchmarking systems (for machine learning algorithms)
Through invited talks and poster presentations by the participants, this workshop will showcase the latest advances in machine learning systems and address challenges at the intersection of Machine Learning and System Design.
We welcome poster abstracts up to 2 pages (not including references)
- All submissions must be in PDF format and should follow the SOSP format guidelines. Basically, an acceptable PDF can be generated by using the sigplanconf format and specifying the 10pt and preprint options, as in this example.
- Submissions do not have to be anonymized
- Please submit your abstract no later than August 31, 2017 using CMT: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/User/Login?ReturnUrl=%2FASWSOSP2017
- Poster Abstract Submission Deadline: August 31, 2017
- Acceptance Notifications: September 20, 2016
- Final File Upload: October 10, 2016
- Workshop: October 29, 2017
Contact us at email@example.com