Call for Posters - AI Systems Workshop @ SOSP 2017
We invite participation in the AI Systems Workshop which will be held in conjunction with SOSP 2017 on October 28, 2017 in Shanghai, China.
The goal of this workshop is to bring together experts working at the crossroads of machine learning, system design and software engineering to explore the challenges faced when building practical large-scale ML systems. In particular, we aim to elicit new connections among these fields, and identify tools, best practices and design principles. The workshop will cover ML and AI platforms and algorithm toolkits (Caffe 2.0, Tensor Flow, Torch etc), as well as dive into ML focused developments in various systems topics.
We welcome high quality posters summarizing work in the broad area of large scale systems and software design for machine learning. A few (non-exhaustive) topics of interest include
- Systems for training and serving machine learning models at scale
- Systems for online and batch learning algorithms
- Systems for out-of-core machine learning
- Systems for scalable deep learning
- Large scale distributed learning algorithms – challenges faced and lessons learned
- Database systems for large scale learning
- Advances in specialized hardware (GPU, FPGA, ASIC) for training and serving
- Programming languages for machine learning
- Machine learning system design – learning for job scheduling, configuration tuning, straggler mitigation, network configuration, security, and other systems challenges
- Interactive machine learning systems
- Benchmarking systems (for machine learning algorithms)
Through invited talks and poster presentations by the participants, this workshop will showcase the latest advances in machine learning systems and address challenges at the intersection of machine learning and system design.
We welcome poster abstracts up to 2 pages for both the submission and camera ready versions*
- All submissions must be in PDF format and should follow the SOSP format guidelines. Basically, an acceptable PDF can be generated by using the sigplanconf format and specifying the 10pt and preprint options, as in this example.
- Submissions do not have to be anonymized
- Please submit your abstract no later than Sepember 10, 2017 using CMT: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/User/Login?ReturnUrl=%2FASWSOSP2017
*Please not that we are not accepting 6-page papers this time around, but welcome longer submissions in future workshops (stay tuned for details).
- Poster Abstract Submission Deadline EXTENDED: Sepember 10, 2017, 11.59pm PST
- Acceptance Notifications: September 20, 2017
- Final File Upload: October 10, 2017
- Workshop: October 28, 2017
Contact us at email@example.com