AI Systems Reception Sponsored by Ant Financial: After the workshop, we will have a reception at the Shanghai Tower for workshop attendees to meet and continue discussions. RSVP is required. Please email us at email@example.com if you are registered for the workshop but have not received an invitation.
Please register for our workshop at the SOSP site. You can select “Workshops Only” as the registrant type if you only wish to attend the workshop; if you also want to attend the main conference, you must register for it as well.
We also run a similar workshop at NIPS, called the ML Systems workshop, which accepts longer (6-page) submissions. Please consider submitting there!
AI Systems Workshop
A new area is emerging at the intersection of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and systems design. This birth is driven by the explosive growth of diverse applications of ML in production, the continued growth in data volume, and the complexity of large-scale learning systems. The goal of this workshop is to bring together experts working at the crossroads of machine learning, system design and software engineering to explore the challenges faced when building practical large-scale ML systems. In particular, we aim to elicit new connections among these diverse fields, and identify tools, best practices and design principles. We also want to think about how to do research in this area and properly evaluate it. The workshop will cover ML and AI platforms and algorithm toolkits, as well as dive into machine learning-focused developments in distributed learning platforms, programming languages, data structures, GPU processing, and other topics.
This workshop will follow the successful model we have previously run with the ML Systems Workshops @ NIPS and ICML, and will be the first of its kind in the systems community.
Call for Posters
We invite participation in the AI Systems Workshop which will be held in conjunction with SOSP 2017 on October 28, 2017 in Shanghai, China.
- Submission Deadline: September 10, 2017
- Submission Details: http://learningsys.org/sosp17/cfp.html
- Submission Details: Poster abstracts can be up to 2 pages and should follow the SOSP format guidelines. Basically, an acceptable PDF can be generated by using the sigplanconf format and specifying the 10pt and preprint options, as in this example.
- Sarah Bird, Facebook Research firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Crankshaw, UC Berkeley email@example.com
- Garth Gibson, CMU and Vector Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Gonzalez, UC Berkeley, email@example.com
- Aparna Lakshmiratan, Facebook, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Siddhartha Sen, Microsoft Research, email@example.com