Call for Papers - ML Systems Workshop @ NIPS 2017
We invite participation in the ML Systems Workshop which will be held in conjunction with NIPS 2017 on December 8, 2017 in Long Beach, California.
The goal of this workshop is to bring together experts working at the crossroads of machine learning, system design and software engineering to explore the challenges faced when building practical large-scale ML systems. In particular, we aim to elicit new connections among these fields, and identify tools, best practices and design principles. The workshop will cover ML and AI platforms and algorithm toolkits (Caffe 2.0, Tensor Flow, Torch etc), as well as dive into ML focused developments in various systems topics.
We welcome high quality submissions in the broad area of large scale systems and software design for machine learning. A few (non-exhaustive) topics of interest include:
- Systems for training and serving machine learning models at scale
- Systems for online and batch learning algorithms
- Systems for out-of-core machine learning
- Systems for scalable deep learning
- Large scale distributed learning algorithms – challenges faced and lessons learned
- Database systems for large scale learning
- Advances in specialized hardware (GPU, FPGA, ASIC) for training and serving
- Programming languages for machine learning
- Machine learning system design – learning for job scheduling, configuration tuning, straggler mitigation, network configuration, security, and other systems challenges
- Interactive machine learning systems
- Benchmarking systems (for machine learning algorithms)
Through invited talks as well as oral and poster presentations by the participants, this workshop will showcase the latest advances in machine learning systems and address challenges at the intersection of machine learning and system design.
We welcome submissions of up to 6 pages (not including references).
- All submissions must be in PDF format and should follow the NIPS 2017 format: https://nips.cc/Conferences/2017/PaperInformation/StyleFiles
- Submissions do not have to be anonymized
- Please submit your paper no later than October 25, 2017 using CMT: submission link
- Submission Deadline EXTENDED: October 25, 2017, 11.59pm PST
- Acceptance Notifications: *EXTENDED November 9, 2017
- Final File Upload: November 27, 2017
- Workshop: December 8, 2017
Contact us at email@example.com